9 yr old boy makes pie
My apple and pear pie is so easy to make.
All you need is some apples, pears, cinnamon, fresh lemon juice, sugar (but not be from high-fructose corn syrup or corn sugar), butter and salt.
For the pastry on- on-top I use if mum does not have much time, pre-rolled from the shop.
1. Cut up the apples and pears into chunks, melt butter in a pot, add the apples, one tea spoon of cinnamon, some sugar, squeeze a lemon and add a little pinch of salt.
2. When the apples are soft, put in a pie bowl, drain pears and add pears.
3. Roll out the pastry on to a plastic sheet, or cellophane. Then place it over the pie dish and peal of the cellophane.
4. Enjoy decorating the pie…!
5. Cook until pastry is lightly brown and juice might be bubbling from the sides.