Bake: 1 hr 15 mins 350°F
Bake: 14 mins to 18 mins 450°F
- 1 prepared 9-inch pie crust (from 15-ounce package), fit into deep-dish pie pan OR: 1 deep-dish pie shell
- 1 cup chopped baked ham (about 6 ounces)
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese (about 1/4 pound)
- 1 cup frozen Southern-style hash brown potatoes
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper (about 1 medium-size)
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions (about 4)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Prick bottom and side of pie shell all over with a fork. Line with foil; fill foil with pie weights or dried beans.
2. Bake in 450 degrees F oven for 9 to 11 minutes. Remove foil with weights. Bake another 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from oven; let cool slightly. Lower oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
3. Gently toss together ham, cheese, potatoes, sweet pepper and scallions in prepared pie shell.
4. Whisk together eggs, heavy cream, mustard, salt and black pepper in medium-size bowl. Pour over ham mixture in pie crust.
5. Bake quiche in 350 degrees F oven 1 hour, 15 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Remove to wire rack and let cool 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
Make Ahead Tip
- Freeze partially assembled quiche, prepare recipe through step 3. Cover with plastic wrap, then foil. Label and place in freezer (see Note).
- If you have made quiche through step 4 and frozen, unwrap quiche and proceed, frozen, with steps 5 and 6.
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Fat, total(gm)26
- Saturated fat(gm)13
- Dietary Fiber, total(gm)1
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet