From Woman’s Day – By Woman’s Day Kitchen
Delight in this Mexican favorite, filled with lean ground turkey, bell pepper, tomatoes, chilies, black olives and corn layered between corn tortillas and shredded cheese.
Photo credit John Uher
Prep Time: 20 min
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 cup(s) chopped green or red pepper
- 1 pound(s) lean ground turkey
- 2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1 can(s) (14-1⁄2 or 15 oz) diced tomatoes with garlic and onion
- 1/2 cup(s) enchilada sauce
- 1 can(s) (4 oz) chopped green chiles
- 1 cup(s) frozen corn kernels
- 3/4 cup(s) canned sliced black olives
- Four 6- to 8-in. corn or flour tortillas
- 1 bag(s) (8 oz) shredded light 4-cheese Mexican blend
- Toppings: sour cream, and chopped tomato, onion and scallion
- You’ll need a round 3-qt glass baking dish (casserole).
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add pepper; sauté 3 to 4 minutes. Add turkey; cook, breaking up chunks, 5 minutes or until no longer pink. Stir in cumin, tomatoes, enchilada sauce and chiles.
- Bring to a simmer and cook 10 minutes to develop flavors. Off heat, stir in corn and olives.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Line bottom of baking dish with 2 tortillas. Top with 1⁄2 the meat mixture, then about 1⁄3 the cheese. Top with a tortilla, the remaining meat filling, 1⁄2 the remaining cheese, then remaining tortilla. Cover with foil.
- Bake 30 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake 10 minutes or until filing bubbles. Cool 5 to 10 min. before cutting in wedges. Serve with toppings.
Nutritional Information (per serving)
Read more: Enchilada Pie – Woman’s Day