Prep: 40 min.
Bake: 1 hour + chilling
- 1-3/4 cups crushed gingersnap cookies (about 35 cookies)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® pure vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (13.4 ounces) dulce de leche
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the cookie crumbs, walnuts, sugar, cinnamon and butter. Press onto the bottom and 2 in. up the sides of prepared pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the milk, flour and vanilla.
- Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust.
- Pour dulce de leche into a microwave-safe bowl; microwave at 50% power until softened.
- Drop dulce de leche by tablespoonfuls over batter; cut through batter with a knife to swirl.
- Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull.
- Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chips; stir until smooth.
- Stir in chili powder.
- Spread over cheesecake. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove sides of pan.
Yield: 16 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 slice equals 468 calories, 28 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 104 mg cholesterol, 327 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.