These miniature tarts feature whole pecans, a caramel-like filling, and a butter and cream cheese crust that melts right in your mouth. —Janice Hose, Hagerstown, Maryland
Prep: 35 min. + chilling
Bake: 20 min./batch
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 48 pecan halves
- In a large bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour, beating until mixture forms a ball. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- For filling, in a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, eggs and butter.
- Roll dough into 1-in. balls. Press onto the bottoms and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups.
- Spoon filling into cups; top each with a pecan half.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 2-3 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cookie equals 97 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 38 mg sodium,