- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Round cookie cutter (about 2.75 inches wide)
- Frozen puff pastry (1 sheet, defrosted and ready to use)
- 1 or 2 apples (peeled, cored, and sliced very thin)
- Cinnamon sugar
- Cooling rack
Instructions:1. Heat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Use the cookie cutter to cut rounds of pastry, and arrange them on the baking sheet.
3. Have your child place three apple slices on each pastry circle. When he’s done, ask him to sprinkle each tart with a pinch of cinnamon sugar.
4. Bake the tarts until the pastry turns golden brown and the apples become slightly tender (about 12 minutes or so).
5. Drizzle honey on the baked tarts and then transfer them to a cooling rack.