In fall or any time of year, this nutty, rich and delicious pie is one I am proud to serve. While it seems very special, it’s a snap to make.—Becky Ruff, Monona, Iowa
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. + chilling
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® pure vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups chopped pecans
- 1 jar (12-1/4 ounces) fat-free caramel ice cream topping
- Additional fat-free caramel ice cream topping, optional
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry. Trim and flute edges. In a small
- bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, 1 egg and vanilla until smooth.
- Spread into pastry shell; sprinkle with pecans.
- In a small bowl, whisk remaining eggs; gradually whisk in caramel
- topping until blended. Pour slowly over pecans.
- Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned (loosely
- cover edges with foil after 20 minutes if pie browns too quickly).
- Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight
- before slicing. If desired, garnish with additional caramel ice
- cream topping. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Editor’s Note: This recipe was tested with Smucker’s ice cream topping.
Nutrition Facts: 1 piece equals 502 calories