TomCo`s Yogurt Pumpkin Pie Recipe
This Pumpkin Pie is a must have on any special holiday gatherings.With lots of wonderful spices like cinnamon ,nutmeg cloves, and ginger this one is my personal version of a pumpkin pie.
|Prep time: 30 minutes||American|
|Cook time: 60 minutes||Servings: 8|
- Pre-heat the oven to 425F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the pumpkin, yogurt, flour, sweetened condensed milk, egg yolks, and vanilla extract.
- Stir in cloves ,nutmeg ,ginger,cinnamon and salt.
- In a mixing bowl, whip egg whites until soft peaks form. Gently fold into pumpkin mixture.
- Pour this batter into the pie shell and place on a sheet pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes in the pre-heated oven. While the pie is baking, prepare the cinnamon topping.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, turbinado sugar, and cinnamon. Blend in the cold butter with a fork or pastry blender until the mixture is crumbly.
- Mix in the chopped roasted nuts, remove the pie from the oven and sprinkle the topping over the pie.
- Return to oven and reduced the heat to 325 F. Bake an additional 45 minutes, or until set.
- Remove and cool completely and refrigerate 2 hours before cutting. Top with whipped cream or whipped topping when serve if desired.