About This Recipe
“Several years back, I was searching for a Cantaloupe Pie recipe to surprise my grandmother. Her mother made the pie all the time and as a young woman she remembers it being my Uncle Dennis’ favorite pie. I requested the recipe in the Taste of Home Magazine and received over 600 responsed by mail! This pie isn’t the same as my Grandmother remembered (we did find that one); However, was my favorite! A refreshing pie that’s perfect to serve on a hot Texas summer night!”
- 1 medium cantaloupes
- 1 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 9 inches graham cracker crust, chilled
- Cool Whip Topping
- cantaloupes, balls for garnish
- Peel and seed the melon, cut in chunks and process in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Pour into a large mixing bowl; set aside.
- Combine 1/2 melon puree and cream cheese in blender.
- Process until smooth.
- Add to remaining puree and set aside.
- Combine sugar, gelatin and orange juice in a small saucepan.
- Cook on low heat, stirring until sugar and gelatin dissolve.
- Slowly add to melon mixture, stirring well.
- Pour into crust.
- Chill until firm.
- Garnish pie with Cool Whip and melon balls.